Monday, June 4, 2012

Patience is a Virtue.

So even though we spent all day yesterday cleaning out that bedroom for Scotty he refused to sleep in there. So though his crib is in his new room I still had to pull the playpen into my room and put him to bed in it.

Don't get me wrong I know it'll take some adjusting but boy did he throw a huge fit! I felt bad letting him tire himself out by crying but sheesh he knew I was there and I wasn't going to let the "boogie man" get him.

And I thought I had bad anxiety? I think he has it worse than me lol. But that's ok because deep down inside I don't think I'm ready for him to be in his own room. *Sigh* I know he's growing up but the middle bedroom just seems so far away. God I really didn't know how scared of watching this little person I created grow up so fast... His birthday is in a month and I'm so not ready to say " my baby is one!" I kind of just want him to stay little lol. But that's not how it works.

Oh how I'm so scared of what the future holds for this special little boy. I'm am blessed to say that he's my son and that I am able to watch him flourish in life. Gee I just realized I'm babbling on and this was supposed to be about asking for tips on how to gradually get Scott comfortable in his new room lol. I guess this blog has also become a semi-journal.

Well he's sleeping peacefully in my room and I should be off to bed as well.

3 comments:

  1. ok I will just say real quick you know how I am so dont think anything of this if you dont care for it, I dont believe in crying it out, it just does not work for me, abby still sleeps with me bc I am still breastfeeding. If you yourself feel it is time for him to move to his own room just do it slowly, start with naps, then as he adjusts to it start trying him in the crib. Just bc he is going to be 1 doesn't mean he has to go to his room, do it when you are both actually ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spend more time in his room daily. Playing in there, reading to him, rocking him for comfort. When it comes to bed time lay him down and stay there. Patting his back and talking softly. It will be an up and down thing for 3 nights or so. Then it will calm down. But if you give in he will learn that very fast. Knowing that he can eventually get back to where he feels safest at. Give it time. Do not give in. Stay calm, he can read your emotions. And hang out in his room so he gets use to that as a fun place to be at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. but please remember every family is different, what is good for one family is not always best for another. Do what feels right for you and your family, not what everyone thinks you need to do.

    ReplyDelete